The framing crew has arrived and construction has begun. This 680 sf craftsman-style cabin is a hybrid mix of our laminated timbers and stud wall construction. The design includes two bedrooms, open living / kitchen / dining, 1 full bath, a half bath and an enclosed sun porch.
It took about 3 weeks to complete the shell for this home.
- Perimeter foundation in place Perimeter foundation in place
- Setting laminated columns Setting laminated columns
- Setting laminated beams Setting laminated beams
- Gable framing completed Gable framing completed
- Windows & doors installed Windows & doors installed
A custom 1,364 sf chalet is under construction in Nagano, Japan. The homeowner is project managing with help (as needed) from a local contractor.
This 3-bedroom, 1 bath home shipped shortly after the devastating March, 2011 earthquake. The homeowner also battled multiple typhoons during construction and heavy snowfall.
What a relief to have the roof on and begin interior finish work!
- Ready for materials package Ready for materials package
- Laminated timbers going up Laminated timbers going up
- Shell completed Shell completed
The building crew is making good progress on this post and beam custom garage. The unheated garage area is 37' x 28'. Plenty of room for 3 cars -- or in this case, two cars and a boat.
The overhead bonus room is 1,049 sf. It includes an open kitchen, dining living area - all with access to the deck (and a fabulous view!). A bedroom, full bath and closet complete the upper level.